PARTY IN STYLE – TOP TIPS FOR THROWING A FABULOUS PARTY
Planning a special party? Whether it’s an 18th, 21st, 40th or 50th, we’ve got it covered with our top party planning tips.
Parties don’t need to be stressful. With expert help and advice, Papillon Events can manage the planning process from start to finish as well as being there on the night to oversee all the preparations and running of the night – leaving you free to mingle with your guests and enjoy yourself.
1. Location, Location, Location
- Date & Venue: Pick a date, then decide what kind of party you want to have and for how many guests, then choose a venue to reflect your style and budget. There are so many venue options available from marquees and tipi tents in your garden to unique/historic venues and hotels. Some venues will have a style of their own, whereas others are a blank canvas for you to create whatever vision you have for your party, so choose carefully.
2. The Devil is in the Detail
- Planning: Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to plan your party, as advance planning is crucial to the success of your event and also ensures you can secure all the party ingredients to make your party one to remember.
- Invites: Start to build excitement about your event from the minute you send out your invites. These can be tailored to your theme and designed independently or taken from a stock collection online.
- Decoration & Theme: Some of the best parties are themed, so have a think about what you enjoy, whether it’s a certain type of music, cult films, places that inspire you. The theme can be subtly weaved through all elements of the party, starting with the invites and continuing through to the décor and food. If you’re having a marquee party and opt for a theme, such as James Bond, you can have great fun incorporating the theme into every element of your event from the food & drink (martini’s shaken not stirred) to lighting and table decoration (scattered diamonds – fake of course!) whilst achieving an element of class, creating a party that Bond himself would be proud to attend.
3. Bon Appetit
- Food: With so many wonderful types and styles of food, decide what you’d like to offer your guests from the outset as this will also impact the type of venue you choose e.g. canapés and drinks reception, with bowl food or sit down meal for all your guests.
- Drinks: Hiring in a bar and professional bar staff adds a real focal point to an event. Having a cocktail list for guests to choose from is a great talking point and definitely helps to get the party going in style!
4. Lights, Camera, Action
- Lighting: Lighting plays a huge party in creating the right atmosphere and ambience for an event. Shapes, patterns and logos can be projected onto a floor or wall for an added effect.
- Photos: Book a photographer to capture your guests enjoying themselves or hire in a photo booth for a bit of fun.
- Entertainment: Think about what music/entertainment you might like to entertain your guests. If hiring a DJ, provide a sample play list to give them an indication of the type of music you’d like or book a band to get everyone up on the dance floor and bopping the night away
5. Essential Ingredient
- Your Guests – the essential ingredient for a great party who will help you to have a night to remember and are there to capture memories of your special party.
A great party is one that has something unique and a real talking point, so whether its clever lighting effects (crystal chandeliers hanging from trees in the garden) to amusing sound effects (animal noises from the bushes as guests arrived at a Hint of Africa Party) to themed food (shortbread revolvers at a James Bond Party) its worth putting in the extra effort and attention to detail to create something wonderful.
For a free consultation or for some expert advice, get in touch.
Charlotte Pudney at Papillon Events